The BBC micro:bit Starter Go Kit includes:
1. micro:bit main board x 1
2. USB wire x 1
3. Battery holder x 1
4. 3A battery x 2
5. Quick start guide
The micro:bit, measuring just 4cm by 5cm, is a stripped down computer which children can use to code and create anything they set their minds to! It’s intended as a starter device to give children a basic introduction to physical computing and tinkering, so that they can move on to using more advanced devices such as an Arduino or Raspberry Pi.
- A display consisting of 25 red LEDs;
- Two programmable buttons;
- An on-board motion sensor or “accelerometer”;
- A built-in compass or “magnetometer”;
- Bluetooth Smart Technology;
- Three input and output (I/O) rings.